The Cycling Route
This years Ffestiniog 360 challenge will follow a clockwise route, starting and finishing at Blaenau Ffestiniog Town Centre. The challenge will run from 8.30 am - 8.30 pm. Use the map and elevation graph below to explore the route. If you have any questions about the route please contact us.
Map data generated using http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com
|Start Elevation||760 feet|
|Finish Elevation||737 feet|
|Min Elevation||41 feet|
|Max Elevation||1,250 feet|
The route data can be downloaded as GPX, MBCRS or TCX files.Download Route Files
- From registration at the rear of the Antur Stiniog Building turn left along High Street in a South Easterly direction towards Manod.
- Continue for approx. 1.5 miles.
- Fork right at the wynnes arms along b road.
- Steep downhill proceed with caution!
- Turn left at T junction on to A496
- Busy A road proceed with caution for approx. 1 mile.
- Turn right onto minor road
- Danger of traffic extreme caution, observe Marshall! Proceed west along minor road over Historic Bridge to T junction approx. 1.5 miles
- Turn right onto A486.
- Busy A road proceed with caution for short distance.
- Turn right at Oakeley Arms.
- Fast traffic approaching observe Marshall! Continue uphill along B4410 (enjoy the burn) Stay on B4410 passing Llyn Mair to T Junction approx. 2.5 miles. Danger B4410 is narrow with blind bends. Keep left and listen for approaching traffic!
- Turn right onto A4085
- Continue to T junction
- Turn right onto A498 Aberglaslyn pass towards Beddgelert (toilets).
- Continue to village passing over bridge to T junction.
- Turn left onto A4085.
- Stay on A4085 for approx. 8 miles. Fantastic lakes, Snowdon summit on right (Toilets at Rhyd Ddu) and continue to village of Waunfawr.
- Turn right at Waunfawr along Bryn Goleu. Continue straight in a North Westerly direction onto Fford Bryngwyn to t junction
- Great views of Caernarfon Bar, Anglesey and Holyhead Mountain on left.
- Turn right at t junction onto A4086.
- Continue for approx. 1 mile and turn left onto A4244.
- Continue 200 yards along A4244 and turn right to control point at llyn Padarn.
- Caution fast approaching traffic observe Marshall. Great place to take a break and have a stretch, wonderful views of Llyn Padarn and the mountains as a backdrop.
- Proceed back short distance to A4244 and turn right towards Pentir, caution fast traffic in both directions.
- After 3 miles watch for Sign/Marshall and turn right along minor road. After approx 1.5m rejoin A4244. Stay on A4244 for a approx 2 miles and turn right at B4409 sign posted Tregarth. Stay on B4409 to Braichmelyn and A5.
- Turn right and stay on A5 passing llyn Ogwen (toilets)
- Tryfan on right and Nant Francon Pass, Capel Curig, Swallow Falls to Betws-y-coed. (Toilets) Proceed through village of Betws-y-coed (toilets) and turn right along minor road (Ffordd Craiglan) located near the end of the village. Leafy wooded road with blind bends. Keep left and listen for traffic.
- Join A470 at Beaver bridge turning right towards Blaenau Ffestiniog.
- Stay on A470 passing through Dolwyddelan. At this point you are 1.5 miles from the finish. Climb over the Crimea pass and proceed downhill into Blaenau Ffestiniog. (Caution steep descent)
Congratulations, you have just completed the Ffestiniog 360, and circumnavigated the Snowdon Range. 63 miles